Our flame scarfing machines have all been developed in-house by Egon Evertz KG. We offer flame scarfing machines of all sizes and which operate semi-automatically with a vast range of programs - all with low fluid and low energy consumption - featuring round or flat nozzles for excellent surface quality, optimised yield, selectable scarfing patterns and processing widths. Slabs can be scarfed in any position, from horizontal to vertical!
Semi-automatic flame scarfing machines of all sizes and with a large diversity of programs - all featuring low energy consumption - with round or flat nozzles for excellent surface quality, optimised yield, minimum material loss, selectable scarfing patterns and processing widths. Slabs can be scarfed in any position, from horizontal to vertical!
You will only reach the highest level of cost effective competition by taking the road which leads to Evertz scarfing technology.
Flame Scarfing Machine 009
The most up-to-date, high-capacity scarfing machine of its kind in the world.
Our scarfing demonstrations and references have all been a complete success, and prove the unmatched performance data from the Evertz technological solutions. The machine is driven by the scarfing operator from his on-board cab.
Advantages include an optimal view of the torch, the scarfing bath and the slab surface, and the immediate recognition and removal of defects during the scarfing process. The operator can react and adjust accordingly immediately.
Slabs of 90 t can be readily scarfed. We are constantly upgrading and improving our gas management technology. In the case of upgrades and improvements, the retrofitting of existing facilities with older systems is guaranteed. Current R&D investigations include impulse scarfing and brown fumes (FeO) emissions reduction for which we offer dedicated and proprietary technology.
- All surfaces, narrow sides and selective scarfing at speeds between 8 and 25 m/min.
- Scarfing widths from 100 mm to 450 mm
- Water-cooled torches with customized designs ensure long reliable service life
- Instant ignition using economic iron-powder addition
- Torch manipulation from right to left and then immediately after from left to right guarantees double production capacity from just one single pass ignition
- Minimal ridge height between the scarfing passes. Scale free surfaces thanks to a universal descaling system (proprietary equipment and process of Evertz Hydrotechnik)
- Several selectable scarfing programs using the same torch, providing multiple selection of the desired scarfing width and depth
Scarfing times: Scarfing one wide face of a 45 t slab, having a length of 13 m, a width of 2 000 mm and a thickness of 220 mm (= approx. 26 m2), takes approximately 6 minutes.
Capacities: Depending on the individual customer requirements, capacities of more than 100 000 t per month are readily possible.